These Peanut Butter Caramel Slices are absolutely delicious and so easy to make. Each layer only has a few ingredients, perfect for snacking during the week, picnic ideas, or as a tasty dessert after a summer BBQ.
And they’re raw, vegan, refined sugar free, gluten free and soy free!
Peanut Butter Caramel Slice
- For The Base
- 2/3 cup (108g) oats
- 2/3 cup (108g) sesame flour (or sub coconut/almond flour)
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 40g fibre syrup (or sub any liquid sweetener but if runnier use less)
- For The Peanut Butter Layer
- 4 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 4 tbsp unflavoured vegan protein powder (hemp works well)
- For The Caramel Layer
- 2 heaped tbsp vegan caramel - can be made by boiling sweetened condensed plantbased milk (eg sweetened condensed coconut milk) until golden
- For The Chocolate Layer
- 2 chunks of cacao butter
- 5-6 tbsp Raw cacao powder
- Just under 2 tbsp sweet freedom syrup or other liquid sweetener
Line tin with baking paper.
Pulse all base ingredients until smooth dough forms. Press into tin and place in freezer.
Pulse peanut butter layer ingredients. Should form doughy, pasty consistency. Press over base layer and keep in freezer.
Microwave caramel until pourable (approx 30s) and pour over peanut butter layer. Freeze.
Prepare raw chocolate mixture by melting cacao butter over double boiler then stirring in cacao powder and sweet freedom syrup or other sweetener. Or melt vegan chocolate.
Spread over caramel layer.
Freeze until set then cut into squares and enjoy.