Tip: You can also use raw, unsalted pistachios. Just add 1 teaspoon sea salt to the maple syrup mixture.
Cherry Pistachio Granola
- 115g maple syrup, preferably Grade B
- 65g brown sugar
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom (or nutmeg)
- 255g old-fashioned rolled oats
- 220g raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 220g roasted salted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 60g pumpkin seeds
- 175g dried cherries
In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, brown sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla, cinnamon and cardamom.
Place oats, almonds, pistachios and pepitas into the pot. Pour maple syrup mixture on top of oat mixture and stir to coat.
Close the crisping lid; select ROAST, then set to 170°C. Set time to 20 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin. After 12 minutes, stir granola, then stir again every 3 minutes until mixture is golden brown and evenly roasted.
When cooking is complete, carefully transfer granola to a large baking sheet and spread out to cool. Once cooled, stir in cherries and transfer an air-tight container.