A beef braised in red wine and flavoured with garlic, thyme, bacon, shallots and mushrooms.
- 1.6kg good quality braising steak (you will get the best result if the meat is marbled with a little fat. Lean meat is dry meat!) cut into 4-5cm cubes
- 3 tbsp of plain flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 150g smoked lardons (or smoked streaky bacon chopped)
- 2 -3 crushed garlic cloves
- 75cl bottle burgundy
- 1x beef stock jelly (or cube... I prefer jelly)
- 1 large bayleaf
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 25g butter
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 400g shallots or baby onions
- 300g button mushrooms
Toss the braising steak in the seasoned flour until well covered
Turn your Ninja Foodi on to HI sauté mode
Pour 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil in to the cooking pot and heat through. Fry the lardons until browned and then transfer to a plate
Fry the steak in batches until nicely browned all over, transferring to a plate each time and adding the rest of the oil as needs be
Once all the meat is browned put it back into the Ninja Foodi along with the lardons, garlic cloves, butter, bay leaf, thyme, carrots, onions and mushrooms. Give it a good stir and then switch to air fry mode. Set the timer to ten minutes
Next pour the wine over to cover. Drink what’s left!
Add the beef stock
Put your pressure cooker lid on and set the timer to 30 minutes. Once the pressure cooking is complete, carefully turn the pressure release valve to the vent position. Once pressure is released, voila its ready!
Serve with boiled new potatoes and buttery carrots and petit pois